MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 11-01-2008, 08:27 PM

Switches: How readily can you switch?

Switches have the best of both worlds, but I wonder how swiftly can both worlds be savored?

What made me think of this is subspace. It's like an altered state of consciousness, and for some, if you go in deeply the effect can last for days. It's like being high or drunk (sometimes complete with a headache the morning after). I wouldn't want to try and top someone while I was still woozy or "drunk" from subspace.

Psychology has a role here too, of course, as the head game can be way different on opposite ends of the implement. Being a bottom can make one feel very vulnerable and needy; then, to be toppy, you've gotta shove that aside and get it together, so you're there for the next bottom to lean on.

So, if any of that makes sense to anyone, how easy is it for you to actually switch? Do you need a certain amount of time in between, a few minutes, a few days? Is it easier to go one way than the other? Or are you just ready for anything that comes along?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:05 PM

That is very deep thinking. I'll be curious to see the answers to this question myself.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:35 AM

I only switch for a punishment. But, That can be instant. and then I'm back to top. Shared DD makes the arrangement possible. Actually, it's required.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:03 PM

Switching made easy

All one needs to play switch quickly games is a deck of cards and a paddle. (Oh and me I need a female partner to play with since my wife doesn't like these games. I used to play it with a girlfriend before) I am the originator of the game I call Spank Poker. Did you ever hear the Ad Bet with your head not over it, well in spank poker you bet with your ass. Partners both start out fully clothed. (I really like lowering pants and underware or having mine pulled down for a spanking) Anti up 2 or 3 Whacks, Deal the cards and bet whacks the winner gives and the looser gets. Settle up time is right after each hand and after it's settled the spankee picks up their pants and the game starts again with a new hand. Oh if you want you can fold and loose on purpose too. Let me know if you know a female that want to play with me. I have a lot of other interesting and creative ideas, I'm not bald and fat, I'm funny, cool and smart. <---that's the commercial - I've got such an itch
Old 01-08-2009, 08:06 AM

Usually at parties,I can switch back and forth pretty easily.
Mainly because I don't often get into subspace at parties
and can switch pretty easily.There are so many brats that
need a spanking,you know.
There are times,however,that a good spanking gets me all
woozy and then I have to get my head together for a while.
Sometimes a half hour or so and occassionally a little longer.
I have had private sessions that put me in subspace for hours.
Then I feel like jelly all over and would be accused of
noodlearmedness....and from what I hear..There's enough
noodle armed tops around here already...lol

Jean Paul
Old 01-08-2009, 08:06 PM

I gave this issue a little more thought just now. There have been a couple times early in my spanking life that I took a spanking primarily to learn how it felt. It didn't feel right using straps and paddles on ladies without having felt them on my own skin to know what they were capable of doing. For me, it was definitely easier to be the Top first and the bottom second. Though, that could even change if the girl got too interested in providing a sting. I think that's because I really am just a Top and not a switch.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:54 PM

I would not be comfortable switching. As bossy and assertive as I can be, I am submissive and would not be able to spank someone else for real, especially the one to whom I am submissive. It would mess with the dynamic in my head.

sarah
Old 01-21-2009, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah thorne View Post
I am submissive and would not be able to spank someone else for real, especially the one to whom I am submissive. It would mess with the dynamic in my head.
I've been out for awhile due to problems with the computer that I usually do my spanko stuff on, so am now just catching this comment by sarah. While I know that the question was directed to switches, since sarah replied I thought that I would add my side to it, also.

In my turn, neither can I switch. I am all Top/Dom, and it would, as sarah says, mess with the dynamic in my head.

I think that in our case it's one of the things that make us fit well in this regard. We are perfectly aligned and complementary in our spanking - D/s dynamic.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:15 PM

I've found it fairly easy to switch. It takes me about 15 minutes or so to come out of subspace...although the warmth of my tush takes longer. I like doing it because for me its the best of both worlds. I love both feelings of being in control and then being controlled.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:40 PM

I can switch after about an an hour if I have been giving, if I receive it takes a little longer