MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 06-01-2007, 04:28 PM

10 Things Non-Spanking Folks Won't Understand

Hi All,

Black Velvet 007 asked me to post this list, which is from my blog but has appeared on another site, too. (So some of you may have already seen it.) Anyway, I hope you like it.

10 Things Non-Spanking Folks Will Never Understand
by Magus

1. ....That, for spankees, that certain feeling of helplessness that occurs while OTK.... when underscored by a foundation of trust... is one of the most delicious things in the world.

2. ...That, for spankers, the sight of a covered bottom receiving initial smacks of a spanking is filled with delight and the promise of revelations to come.

3. ... That, for spankees, a verbal threat delivered the right way can make the knees go weak.

4. ... That it's possible for a spankee to react with complete silence... only because she or he is moved too deeply to utter a sound. This should be accepted by the spanker as a compliment.

5. ... That the physical sensation of pain is intrinsic to the spanking but never its point.

6. ... That for some spanking is foreplay, but for others it is the ultimate act itself.

7. ... That, far from being demeaned by the act, spankees are exalted by it and, ideally, are revered and respected by their partners.

8.... That spanking, in an adult erotic context, is not violence but a poignant and profound mode of communication.

9. ... That people into spanking are not weird or damaged.... well, not necessarily anyway... they are just wired a certain way.

10. ... That spanking and joy can, and do, belong in the same sentence.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:01 PM

Thanks for posting this here, Magus. Great stuff.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:01 AM

Would like to add my thanks as well Magus. Very interesting read......and "dead-on" target!

Gary D.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Thanks guys, glad you like it.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:53 PM

Location: Lincoln is buried here...google it and find the city
nice perspective.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Thumbs up

I just started going through the posts and found this on particularly interesting. Thanks for posting Magus. I think this is a very good list for those who misunderstand our lifestyle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
9. ... That people into spanking are not weird or damaged.... well, not necessarily anyway... they are just wired a certain way.
I really liked this part because while I can freely admit that I'm probably weird and deranged, it is not because I'm a spanko. Everyone has issues, I know I have mine but it is not because I like spanking and I don't like spanking because of them. I think the main thing that non spanking people need to grasp is that whatever oppinion they have about the matter it's an adult consentual decision and no body is forced in to it. A lot of people are in to things i'm not, but as long as nobody is being forced to do something they don't want and nobody is getting hurt (at least in a way they don't want to be) I just don't watch or join their groups.

That's my favorite part of the forum and the clubs and community, that I can enjoy spanking and not have anyone judge me for it. For example I' not in to M/M anything and I had a good friend who was. I never judged him about homosexuality because I don't do that kind of thing, but when i told him about spanking his reply was "what the hell's wrong with you?". After discussion he was accepting, but I should't have to have discussion to be accepted. I don't mind explaining to those who don't understand or especially those who are interested, but it annoys me when someone tells me what I like is wrong because it's not what they like.

And so before I go on a tangent (or more of one ) I just wanted to toss my 2 cents in....
Old 06-07-2007, 01:08 PM

Magus, you know how much I love this list, but it bears repeating, in all forums. This should become standard reading in our community.

By the way, I just noticed -- an anagram of "weird" is "wired." Of course, that has nothing to do with anything, but my weird/wired self picks up on this sort of thing. -- Erica
Old 06-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Dowlrod

For those of us into Straight Corporal Punishment (Spanking )

I dont know if any of you guys have experienced this but, A few months ago I hooked up with some people into the the bdsm scene and we were just exchanging some chit -chat..I got the feeling as if they did not take my branch of the life style serious ...........They were speaking of having all those slaves and collering people......I told them for the most part the corporal punishment world is a little looser but still with rigid rules...I said that in corporal traditional spanking does not invlove restraints and all those ropes and clamps ....and they had the nerve to get offended at me ..........Long live corporal where control starts between the ears not at the end of a crop.