MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > First awareness

Old 07-24-2008, 09:17 PM
adrian34londonswitch

Spanked by my parents

Hi everybody,

My spanking interest definitely has its roots in the spankings I recieved as a boy from my parents. It didn't happen that often - I was always terribly easy to please as a child, and anyway they reserved spanking only for moderately serious offences. I think at most it was four or five spankings a year. However, although it wasn't used often, it was fully traditional bare bottom spanking when it happened. My mother and father both came from fairly religious Catholic families, and I think viewed spanking very much as the natural way to punish children. Spankings were delivered in quite a formal way: you were led to a bedroom, talked to or scolded for a minute or two, then bared and guided over their lap. The spanking was given in a matter-of-fact way without any further comment: you lay there and squirmed as mum or dad slapped your bottom methodically, in silence. Very serious offenses got you the belt from dad: exactly the same procedure, but using a belt which was kept in a drawer and used only for spankings. That was a big deal to get, though probably not quite as bad as it sounds: we were never whipped or anything like that, it was just a slightly more intense and scary version of one of their normal spankings. I think I got belt 5 or 6 times in the course of my childhood.

Needless to say, I was scared of spankings and hated getting them myself. But at the same time, an interest in the whole subject grew steadily throughout my childhood, so I followed the common pattern of looking up the word in dictionaries and eagerly lapping up the slightest mention in books or everyday conversation. By the age of 11 or 12 I was definitely fully hooked on the subject, though it stil didn't make any difference to how I felt about the occasional spanking or belting I still recieved from my father at that age.

The spanking I vividly remember most is when my elder brother and I experimented with matches and the resin used for violin bows one day, because a friend had told him you could make homemade fireworks from that stuff. We must have been about 11 and 9 respectively, and old enough to be left unattended at home for a bit. We disposed of the evidence afterwards and thought no more about it until that evening our mother presented us with the bundle of rubbish we had stashed behind the dustbins and demanded an explanation. Dad was called: within a few minutes my brother was being led off to my parents' bedroom while I was sent to my room to await my appointment. I listened in appalled terror as stern conversation from down the landing gave way first to an ominous silence and then to the first unmistakable sound of belt on bare bottom. My brother stoically took his belting without much reaction that I could hear through the closed doors until his composure began to falter with the very last licks. Then there was another minute or two of silence before the door of my parents' room entered and my father simply said my name. Passing my brother on his way out with tear-stained face but with a sympathetic grimace towards me, I went in to face the music. I remember with complete clarity the calm conversation my father then had with me about standing up for myself when my brother wanted me to do something I knew was wrong, but how he couldn't let such a dangerous and silly offense go without a firm spanking. I was told that my brother had taken full responsibility for having the idea and persuading me to do it: I was to be given the belt, but not as hard as my brother had been given it. I think I just nodded and obediently took down my trousers and pants as instructed. I lay over his knee, and was belted methodically about 10 times.
Every word of this is true - I emphasise again that this kind of thing happened pretty rarely. But I absolutely defy anyone to believe that a 9-year-old boy can listen in his room to his brother being spanked on his bare bottom with a leather belt, and then have to go and present his own bare bottom for the same thing, without it having some effect on his attitude to spanking. I think maybe in some cases it might have put people off it for life; but my guess is that an experience like that is just as likely to instil a deep-seated fascination for this complex thing we all share. The combination of conflicting emotions, together with the physical sensations of the spanking itself, and the sexual aspect of lying face down in a submissive position with your buttocks bared, all must surely combine to have some effect.

Anyway, I've gone on more than I intended. I should probably end by saying that I don't at all resent my childhood spankings: at the time (early 80s) it was still considered a reasonable punishment for children,though beginning to die out a bit. It wasn't particularly severe, though the formal nature of it contributed a great deal to the effect it made on me I think.

Any comments welcome.