MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 PM

I have to admit the spanking and BDSM family that I have means more to me then my real family does. My mother doesn't know about my desire and I don't plan on telling her. She would more than likely think that I was being abused and would want me to call the cops. She lived with a guy who was phyically/emotionally/mentally abusive to her for 15 years so there would be no way to get her to understand that what I do is consentual or that I have a Dominate that controls me. As for my brother I dont have a close relationship with him so I doubt he could handle it either. I am semi-happy with my life and the way my fetish family takes care of me and that makes up for the way my real family acts.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:50 PM

I think that people taking being "outed" too seriously, and are hurting the kink indirectly by doing so. Only by being open about our interests will the public at large even learn to accept what we do as a safe and sane activity. By hiding in the closets and dark corners, we exile ourselves to those recesses and out of the public's eye, thinking we're safe. However, hiding is what makes us seem like freaks, and that's the way that the world is going to view us.

This was the same for the homosexual community. Years ago, people would hide their sexuality for fear of being "outed" and have their lives ruined. Well, some homosexuals started to be more outspoken and in the public's eye. As people started to see that they were normal people, with just a different sexual perspective, they became accepted. Now, a person doesn't have to fear repercussions of revealing their sexuality. That progress wouldn't have come about if homosexuals continued to lurk in the shadows.

So, what makes us any different? Why must we put up a facade to those closest to us for fear of how they'll react? If homosexuality can be proclaimed without being reviled automatically, then why not spanking and other aspects of BDSM? Education is the first step to acceptance, and we can't educate the masses by wearing a mask. I, for one, am proud of my interests, and choose to not hide my true self from anyone. It will be those that are open about our kink, like myself, that will eventually earn acceptance for spankos.

If you're not a part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:34 PM

Location: Lincoln is buried here...google it and find the city
Nobody in my family knows anything. My two daughters are going crazy trying to figure out why I am going to Texas all the time. I have 2 co-workers who know but dont REALLY understand the interest. Sometimes it would be nice to get in front of everyone I know and say look......but in a vanilla world...well we all know the result. Anyway, I truly feel almost everybody has something that they think about and wouldnt tell anyone. I am grateful that there are many friends, both new and old here to share with.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary D. View Post
Fortunately I have my "spanking family" and can talk freely with them

Gary D.
And we love talking freely with You....aren't we such a wonderful disfunctional family?

Check out my newly updated blog! Click the picture above.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:13 PM

I have to say that I am very fortunate of not having to explain to my parents as they are both deceased. However, I'm lucky enough that my godfather (was best friends with my dad since I was age 5) knows of my kinks and orientation and is ok with it.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylex View Post
That's the biggest obstacle for me about telling people. They just won't get it and they won't take the time to hear me out. I've struggled long and hard to get to the place where I am with all this. I know they won't and there will be judgement and drastic consequences.

So the line is drawn. I am thankful for the few friends I have who are on both sides of the line. Everyone else I still love dearly but they don't need to know.

Kaylex

I feel strongly that there's no right or wrong way to handle this. Whatever works best for you and makes you the most comfortable is what I'm in favor of. You (anyone reading this) are the best judge of how to handle the people around you.

There are a number of people in my vanilla world who know I operate spanking websites. There are also a couple of ex's of mine who know I'm into the fetish but have no clue I'm doing this now. And yes, I do regret telling 2 or 3 of these people, but overall I have done a pretty good job of picking and choosing who to tell about this.

My best advice is "when in doubt, don't."
Old 03-24-2007, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyspk View Post
I feel strongly that there's no right or wrong way to handle this. Whatever works best for you and makes you the most comfortable is what I'm in favor of.

My best advice is "when in doubt, don't."

Well said Gary S.......... I agree wholeheartedly.
and just to clarify a little misconception folks.........I will be spanking the cohosts. mwhahahaha

Gary D.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary D. View Post
Well said Gary S.......... I agree wholeheartedly.
and just to clarify a little misconception folks.........I will be spanking the cohosts. mwhahahaha

Gary D.

This topic sprung the interest and sharing of our many dedicated viewers. Well done and said, studio audience. I'm sure we could continue this disscussion for a few more nice posts, however, my lovely co-host and I would love to get the ball rolling on another topic. But we would first like to remind everyone, once again! There will be NO spanking of the co-hosts. Please do not make Kaylex and myself call the security of this show... you will not be pleased.

The next topic reigns in the tops more then the bottoms. We are all clear on the topic of subspace, and how bottom's easily slip into it in the midst of a spanking. But do Top have a topspace, if so, can it be explained. And no we are not talking about the 'top space' where you are so old you can't talk and spank at the same time. That's not top space! But any thoughts, opinions, views, and experiences would be nice to have contributed.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:47 AM
rangerboy

Top Space

Professors Emmy and Kaylex,

I swear you two are going to ruin my GPA with these hard seminar questions.....geeeezzzz....I wish now I'd signed up for the paddle making class.

I'm going to run some errands and give this one some serious thought before I try to contribute.

rangerboy
Old 03-24-2007, 11:07 AM
rangerboy

Top Space

OK...here we go. Per usual, I will begin with the disclaimer that this is my experience only.

Have you ever found that the most fulfilling times in your life are when you are living outside of yourself and doing for others? The times you are most at ease with the world is when you aren't focused on your own problems but helping someone else....be it volunteering, mentoring, teaching....have you ever felt that way?

Now I'm not going to try to associate Topping with some kind of Mother Teresa level of love and compassion but when a Bottom submits to you....allows you to fulfill their need, send them to a space or place where they want to be...that degree of trust....for me its fulfilling.

In a disciplinary role, even then, the Bottom has consented to non-sonsensuality....that is tremendous trust that they have placed on you to be fair, to be firm, and not to harm them physically or mentally....you have to be "in-charge" and with great power goes great responsibility......and I get a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction in a job well done.

So is there a "Top Space" like Bottoms get to "Bottom Space"....well no, I've never experienced it. But sending a Bottom to that space gives me a sense of fulfillment and I'm grateful that I was able to help someone go where they wanted to go.

One guys's point of view.

rb

(Now this is in the context of fun and discipline.....in the erotic role...and that's ONLY with my wife.....she loves to feel my hand on her bottom and boy, what a gorgeous behind that woman has.....no more to be said on the topic )