MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Off-Topic

Old 01-28-2007, 08:17 PM

Pet Peeve

One of my pet peeves are those who tell little about themselves or what they are looking for and then expect someone to write them the perfect introduction. Not likely to happen for those folks. And then there are the ones that use subjective phrase that can't be matched like: Mr. Perfect, the right one, my shining knight in armour and such. Then they can't figure out why they always hear from the wrong type.
It's hard enough to try to describe yourself objectively, but to do it when you have no idea if you are what they are looking for is hit and miss at best. Your chance of a hit are almost 0. You can be the perfect match but if you fail to mention one or 2 key items that they want to hear, but haven't bothered to mention, then you come off sounding like the wrong type. If you want to be succefull at meeting the right type of people then tell enough about yourself, what you what and what you are looking for so they have a chance of finding you.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:16 AM

I have another one. Or two.
Back Stabbers.
Liars. It amazes me that there are those that lie, or leave out the whole truth and think that they will never get found out. Worse is that their inability to be honest has caused harm to those around them and they either refuse to see it or just don't care.
http://www.sassypaddles.com
Old 01-31-2007, 02:36 PM

One of my lastest pet peeves have developed thanks to the internet era.....people who PM and bombard you in chats even though you politely say you are not up to PMs at the moment....some people just won't take the hint....but such is life hehe

Sherie

Check out my newly updated blog! Click the picture above.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:05 PM

ya know.. I agree with sherie.. these folks need to use their manners in chat rooms. sheesh.

angela (babygirl)
Old 02-01-2007, 10:58 PM

The grammatical ones have all been covered altho I do try not to judge too harshly, unless it's just horribly bad. I tend to write informally in many ways, use dangling participles as well as erring in other areas simply because I am not paying attention to sentence structure!

However, some of my pet peeves regarding the roadways are as follows: people who ride in my blind spot, or directly next to me on the road. I HATE that. It's rude and if you're gonna go the same speed as me, then get the hell behind me or speed up and get in front of me then reduce your speed once more -- but do not ride in my blind spot! Riding with those who do this is also a pet peeve of mine.

People who do NOT use blinkers!! Signal your intent!!! I do not wanna smash into the back of you when you suddenly go from 45mph to 15 in order to turn. Gimme a hint! Also, people who virtually STOP to turn right off of a main road. You don't have to completely STOP to make a right hand turn from a main road onto a residential street.

And it would be courteous when you are on a main road to signal that you are turning onto the same street that I am turning off of! It's hard enough to get out on a 4 lane street as it is!

People who go when it's NOT their turn at a 4 way stop! Grrrrrrr......

Let's see...anymore? oh yeah, when on an interstate it pisses me off to no end when everyone in ALL FOUR lanes are going the same exact speed. Someone get over, please!!!

People who cut in the carpool line. Or worse, park their car in the carpool line. WTF?? Use the parking lot....you screw it up for everyone when you park your freaking car in the carpool line and go into the school.

I'll come back when I think of more.

sarah
Old 02-02-2007, 02:05 AM

"Go on and write me up for 125, post my face "Wanted Dead or Alive", take my license and all that jive......I CAN'T DRIVE 55!!!!!!"

Joys of living in NYC where you don't need a car and couldn't afford to keep one here, I can crack wise on driving pet peeves. But boy, I had them back in VA on the road.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:10 PM

and yes ANOTHER pet peeve ughh!! Petty People. i mean people that complain an whine about stupid silly stuff that no one else could give a damn about. oy!

then there are people that fly off the handle and well act like spoiled brats lol again about PETTY stuff without actually knowing or understanding the person/situation.

emily
(not the model)
Old 02-06-2007, 01:21 PM

This one is a major league pet peeve.

A lot of spankees and ladies who top like to make jokes about "Oh this TOP needs a spanking" or "yeah, we'll make a switch out of this TOP". I have no idea where this kind of humor comes from. I just know that I for one do NOT appreciate it in the least. We choose to identify as top/bottom/switch for very specific reasons, and one would HOPE that you would respect a person's identity in this scene. You wouldn't dream of smacking the bottom of a lady who identifies as a spanker, so why joke about a male spanker that way?
At best it's belittling and at worse it's just rude.