MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 04-07-2008, 08:13 AM

Jersey - I've read your response and it sounds like you have been to a few parties. It is wonderful that you think so highly of your boyfriend (and his parents) - he must be a wonderful man and from a close family. If I'm reading your comment correctly, you have been to more than a couple of parties and have had similar experiences (having difficulty with the "no thanks" factor). Since you seem to really value your boyfriend's opinion, I wonder if you could approach him and ask for his help on how to handle the situation when it arises. I'm sure between the two of you, you will be able to come up with some very polite, but more direct responses that will ensure you have a more relaxing and enjoyable time and the person asking gets a clearer message of what you are comfortable with.

I think Sarah is right on target. I highly value my husband's opinion and always take it into consideration (he also has more life experience), as you should with your boyfriend, but that doesn't mean you don't have a voice in your life. I hope your next experience is more enjoyable and if you are faced with a similar situation, I'm sure you will be ready with a more direct response (while sharing a warm smile with the person). It can be done - practice makes perfect. : )
Old 04-08-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna View Post
Jersey - I've read your response and it sounds like you have been to a few parties. It is wonderful that you think so highly of your boyfriend (and his parents) - he must be a wonderful man and from a close family. If I'm reading your comment correctly, you have been to more than a couple of parties and have had similar experiences (having difficulty with the "no thanks" factor). Since you seem to really value your boyfriend's opinion, I wonder if you could approach him and ask for his help on how to handle the situation when it arises.
That's a good idea Arianna. I actually think Sarah's answer of "We've already discussed who we're playing with this party" is an excellent idea. I think it's concrete and allows for the possibility of a new play partner if the choice arises, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna View Post
I think Sarah is right on target. I highly value my husband's opinion and always take it into consideration (he also has more life experience), as you should with your boyfriend, but that doesn't mean you don't have a voice in your life. I hope your next experience is more enjoyable and if you are faced with a similar situation, I'm sure you will be ready with a more direct response (while sharing a warm smile with the person). It can be done - practice makes perfect. : )
I do have a voice, not only in my life but in our relationship. As from him being the top and me being the spankee, we are 100% equal in every other way. I was simply talking to him about his opinion, and since he doesn't post here I thought I'd share another view, that I happen to think isn't a bad one.

Later on we were discussing the responses to it and realized that it wasn't clear that while *we* spoke of male dominants and female bottoms/submissives/spankees, we do feel it applies to all who identify as tops and bottoms no matter what their orientation.

Kate
Old 04-08-2008, 10:49 PM

Location: Lincoln is buried here...google it and find the city
Whoa this has just gotten too deep for me....BV, there's 400 women at these things..have a Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi and grab a different one!
Old 04-09-2008, 12:28 AM

Paully, I like the way you think.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:11 PM

Considering that you play with sooooo many woman at the party, Paully.

:P

Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 PM

Location: Lincoln is buried here...google it and find the city
Hmmmm...if you will re-read Emmy (perhaps slower this time) you will note we are not talking about me.