MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > First awareness

Old 12-04-2006, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVelvet007 View Post
I remember as a kid reading a book called "The Wednesday Witch"...The end result was that Mary Jane gets a good hairbrush spanking from her father.
I suppose that as a kid my favorite books of this kind were a series of relatively short history books written about the childhoods of famous people. While the books were historically accurate they were written on, I suppose, a 5th or 6th grade level and in narrative fashion so as to be of interest to kids. Also, other than some very brief coverage to explain who the famous person was and what they did, the books spent very little time and space, relatively speaking, on their famous deeds and adult life. They pretty much told the story of their growing up. And there were quite a few of these books. I'm thinking 30 or more! They covered a lot of people.

While not every book featured or mentioned a spanking, quite a few of them did. Enough so that I made a point of trying to get my hands on every one that I could. I grew up in the sticks of rural Kentucky and there wasn't a library of any size even close to my house. I was mostly dependant on the weekly bookmobile run to my small post office (which was within walking distance), where they would drop off a few books on the shelf for the postmaster to check in and out. (To give you an idea of how "country" I grew up, this post office had oiled wooden floors and a potbelly stove for heat.) Every Wednesday I would scoot down to the post office the first thing after school to see if the bookmobile had run, and if it had to see if it had dropped off one of these books. If so, I immediately checked it out and went slowly strolling back home, with my nose in the book, reading away. And, of course, if there was a spanking I read and re-read and re-read and re-read it. I would absorb the whole character of the person so that I could better put the situation into a more real life context. And later, if the book reappeared back on the shelf it was instantly checked out again for a reprise of the spanking.

I was a voracious reader as a kid, consuming several books a week, and didn't need this little item to fuel my reading. But today I am an absolute history nut, and do wonder if it somehow subconsciously facilitated my avid interest in history. In any case, it certainly fanned the flames (pun intended) of a budding interest in our favorite kink.

Last edited by RG_; 12-04-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:11 PM

ohhh they have this book on ebay.. im gonna havta get it an read it to..

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanked~amber View Post
The Book is So Speaks The Heart The author is Johanna Lindsey.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:44 PM

Very interesting Amber, its funny how the littlest things can spark our interests, I remember a poem that was in an old mother goose book that I just loved when I was a little girl and I could never stop reading it. It went something like this "Little Polly Finders sat among the sinders warming her pretty little toes. Her mother came and caught her and whipped her little daughter for ruining her nice new clothes." And it showed the spanking and everything. Though since they remade the book they took the picture out. Does anyone remember that?