MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Off-Topic

Old 04-07-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankedbrit View Post
I have cancelled my membership.
Hope she didn't let the cyber door smack her in the a** on the way out.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankedbrit View Post
Obviously most of you can't think beyond where your next spanking is coming from.

Oh my. I certainly can't think of anyone in this forum who is looking for that!

And here I was all set to contact Big & Rich to see if they'd do an update on their song "Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy." I was thinking "Save A Seal, Whack A Spanko" had "hit record" written all over it.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_ View Post
Hope she didn't let the cyber door smack her in the a** on the way out.
He was a she?

I must confess to feeling a little off-put by the hostility in this thread. I'm not sure if it's because there's an animal-lover among us, or because there's a non-spanking thread on the, er, off-topic board, or... something about this isn't sitting well with me. What happened to, if you don't like it, don't read it? Maybe something has happened behind the scenes that I don't know about, and it just isn't obvious here.

I was all revved-up to ask for help on a project I'm doing to help a shelter for battered women. I now know better than to share my feelings on causes that are important to me!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:56 PM

Hey

If they don't have a seal hunt, where are the rap and hip hop artists going to get their seal fur coats.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:41 PM

I'm kinda with Adelina. Are we missing something? I just don't quite understand the venom this thread gathered. Yeah, it put a bit of a damper on the happy vibe we've got going here, but we're not usually so sharp-tongued. When I first read this thread, I just assumed it wouldn't get any attention and would drift off the home page in short time.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:19 PM

Attacking her for posting something that she's passionate about really seems like an @$$hole thing to do. This thread screams "personal issues" all over it.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:21 PM

I agree that this thread has taken on some venom and everyone should probably just "tap the brake" a bit.

Overall, I agree with Sarah's assessment that someone shouldn't have to sign a petition just to get more information. That's what smacked of "spam" to me. I am convinced however that spankedbrit believes in the cause and didn't see it as spam. But that's just me. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

I think we get into a danger area when posting "personal causes." It's kind of like discussing religion and politics. It's going to be polarizing, no matter what the cause.

As moderator, I thought about deleting this thread a few days ago, but I really hate to be judge and jury. I want to keep this forum clean and open to everyone and have yet to delete any post or thread. I'd like to keep it that way.

Let's just let it lie and make a note that personal causes are something that can be a lightning rod.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:23 AM
DVDSTOYS.COM

Wink :)

Bye bye brit!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 06:03 AM

From Gary, the owner of AS and this message board:
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyspk View Post
Let's just let it lie...
And after that from DVDSTOYS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDSTOYS.COM View Post
Bye bye brit!!!
Perhaps I just have a different understanding of Gary's statement.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:11 PM

That's exactly why I'm not a fan of these groups. Suddenly battered women are being equated with Seal Hunting which should not happen. They get people's priorities all buggered up. There are two sides to the seal hunting story and they both make good points. And they both have misrepresented the truth many times. Personally I find it much more humane hunting animals in the wild with picks then to breed them in cages and fatten them up with steroids to the point they can't stand and then slaughter them. Something that happens on every farm in the world. My sarcasm is just because personally I think it's crazy that the protestors couldnt even land there helicopter on the ice due to global warming. Seals, along with many other marine mammals need ice to survive and they will not have it in 10 years regardless of the seal hunt or the protesting. Unfortunatly a video of seals being clubbed to death get's more reaction then a video of a seal searching pointlessly for a patch of ice.
My comments arent just pointless criticisms. I honestly feel that these protests are detracting attention from reality. If you honestly feel that attacking the economy of an underpopulated country that seems to be able to maintain a decent equalibrium between man and nature is the best use of your time then post away. We are all entitled to our opinions. Including me!