MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Off-Topic

Old 01-09-2007, 09:41 PM

First Car?

Another off-topic thread to continue to build community and help us learn more about one another.

What was your very first car?

How did you get it? What was it like? Did you like it? Any particular memories with it?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:58 PM

My first in my own name? Or the first my parents bought for me to drive?
I consider the latter to be my first car, an '84 Buick Skyhawk. It got amazing gas mileage, about 40 on highway, which made its habit of regularly overheating and spewing its coolant guts somewhat forgiveable.

Notably, I went to visit my very first BDSM play partner with that car. I was almost there, and the car started having a car-seizure on the Philadelphia expressway during Friday rush hour. That was exciting.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:19 PM

my first was '69 Camaro (alas, only a 307 3 speed) was great fun though.
lost it when some bozo ran a red light and broadsided me...........would love to have that car back now!

Gary D.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:20 PM

My very first car was a bright yellow 1986 Pontiac Sunbird. It was also my best friends first car, which is where I purchased it from. I got my first job while in highschool at our very old Barrets Drugstore on Main street in my home town. I worked 32 hours a week my junior and senior year to save enough to buy it. It was a two door and I had to sit on a pillow in order to be able to see while driving, lol. But it was mine, I had worked hard for it
http://www.sassypaddles.com
Old 01-09-2007, 10:31 PM

My first car was a 1991 Red Honda Civic Hatchback. It got broken into 5 times in a year and a half (what a pain). Then I got hit in an ice storm (a couple of years ago) by a big truck and they wrote it off and now I have my second car.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:47 PM

1971 Gremlin. Got it in 1977 for $100.00. Wasn't sure what the catch was, until I replaced the clutch, radio, muffler, brakes, tires, alternator, regulator, starter, flywheel, etc, etc, over the course of a year. Couldnt do much about the wheel wells rusting through, the drivers seat lock breaking so it went all the way back, and the drivers door latching post rusting through so it wouldn't stay shut, though I was able to jury-rig a hardware store bolt to replace the post and it actually held for a while.

Oh, and the flange that holds the suspension spring-things in place broke off.

And the shocks were shot

And the clutch burned out again.

But, damn, the 30,000 miles I put on it were a blast! Oh, and the back seat went down too, something my then girlfriend, now ex-wife, and I put to good use at Belle Isle in Detroit.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganHeadmaster View Post
1971 Gremlin. Got it in 1977 for $100.00. Wasn't sure what the catch was, until I replaced the clutch, radio, muffler, brakes, tires, alternator, regulator, starter, flywheel, etc, etc, over the course of a year. Couldnt do much about the wheel wells rusting through, the drivers seat lock breaking so it went all the way back, and the drivers door latching post rusting through so it wouldn't stay shut, though I was able to jury-rig a hardware store bolt to replace the post and it actually held for a while.

Oh, and the flange that holds the suspension spring-things in place broke off.

And the shocks were shot

And the clutch burned out again.

But, damn, the 30,000 miles I put on it were a blast! Oh, and the back seat went down too, something my then girlfriend, now ex-wife, and I put to good use at Belle Isle in Detroit.
nothing like a bargain eh MH

Gary D.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:05 AM

Location: Lincoln is buried here...google it and find the city
RG..always up for talking about cars or spanking. My first car I got in 1981 and had to save every dime to get, was a 1973 Pontiac Grand Prix. For those of you who remember early 70's detroit iron know this was a beast. It had a 455 engine that got me 6 miles per gallon in town but on the road she opened up to 8 miles per gallon. But she would fly....sold it in 4 months and got a Datsun...40 mpg.

OK mom and dad you were right can I stop hearing about it now?
Old 01-10-2007, 12:08 AM

My sophmore year of college, my folks and I found a 1987 Plymouth Horizon. It was a white hatchback, but it was nicknamed the Darkmobile because at the time, this sci-fi geek had just seen the movie Darkman with Liam Neeson and had vanity plates put on that said that. It was a great ride through 3 years of college. I got rid of it just before relocating to NY, because Manhattan is no place to keep a vehicle.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:15 AM

My first car was a 1985 Honda Accord that my grandparents had bought brand new, then my uncle kept it for a while, then I finally got it. It had automatic everything, which the first time I saw it when I was little I thought it was somehow "magic" because automatic cars were first coming out then.
My first NEW car, on the other hand, was actually the one I have now. A 2002 VW Jetta. I got it after my Honda's engine died on the freeway one night when I was driving home. Anyway I was at work the next day and my mom picked me up afterward and we went to the VW dealer (she didn't tell me she had spent the day looking for a new car for me!) and she showed me the new Jettas they had just gotten in. I saw the dark blue one sitting there on the lot and wanted it immediately! Its a terrific car. Mine has almost 80000 miles on it, and runs like brand new!