MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Off-Topic

Old 11-07-2006, 06:51 PM

Pet Peeve:
When people assume that Southerners are less educated and less sophisticated in some way than other areas of the country.

Not that I am one, or anything.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_ View Post
So I've got a question: In general, how do you feel about being so short? Like it? Don't like it? Doesn't matter? If you could wave a magic wand and add few inches, would you?

ADDENDUM: Of course, there are some other advantages to short girls, too. I find that they are much easier to pick up and throw over my shoulder when they need to be efficiently transported to some destination.
You are right, I'm the "throw over the shoulder size" but you gotta catch me first. tee hee. Now to answer your questions. Most of the time, being short is annoying to me. But overall it doesn't do me any good to get overly upset about it, that's a part of me that can never change, lol. Like you mentioned there are certain times that I hate it. I did the whole grocery store scenario tonight in fact. I will say that there are actually nice people sometimes that will volunteer their assistance for those items on the top shelf Still with that being said, if a magic wand were an option-I would defiantly do some re-arranging, lol. Not drastic changes, but 4 to 5 inches would be nice.
http://www.sassypaddles.com
Old 11-10-2006, 12:21 PM

If anyone is ever fortunate (or unfortunate as the case may be) to read my blogs, you will know that my pet peeves rank in the hundreds

There are a couple though that outrank them all by far. Quite simply the worst one is lying, I absolutely abhor liars. For some reason, even in the written word, people think that you are stupid and will believe everything that they tell you. The lying gets so bad and outrageous that it becomes comical. Lying is something that I simply cannot tolerate and I have no time for people who do it.

Another one is lack of humility. I have come across so many people in my life and the ones I tend to stick with are the ones that are humble, modest and down to earth. It grates me to no end to see and hear someone constantly patting themselves on the back or seeking approval from others. Humility is one of the greatest traits a person can own.

Sir Richard of Windsor.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Daniels View Post
I totally agree with all of the above! Very annoying. Here is one of mine, call me uptight but I really cannot stand it when people address me as "hey". Is it so hard to say, "Hi, how are you?" It just seems like such dis-respectful lazy talk..."hey". I have started saying back, "no thanks, I don't eat the stuff!"

Just one woman's opinion-
Veronica D.
OMG! I say HEY all the time online. It seems friendlier to me. And it's harder to type than HI (one extra letter!)
Old 11-10-2006, 07:05 PM

[QUOTE=Richard Windsor;741]If anyone is ever fortunate (or unfortunate as the case may be) to read my blogs...QUOTE]

And where might these be? Post a link for us and we can decide how fortunate or unfortunate we are.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_ View Post
And where might these be? Post a link for us and we can decide how fortunate or unfortunate we are.
These are actually on my vanilla myspace page, RG_. Due to family and work colleagues, I keep that seperate from my non vanilla page.

It really isn't a page that I share outside of people who actually know me, which of course you and Ginger are MORE than welcome to view, but I won't be posting a link to the page I will send you an IM with the link RG_.

Rich.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Windsor View Post
I will send you an IM with the link RG_
Thank you! I have them in hand!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Windsor View Post
If anyone is ever fortunate (or unfortunate as the case may be) to read my blogs, you will know that my pet peeves rank in the hundreds

There are a couple though that outrank them all by far. Quite simply the worst one is lying...

Another one is lack of humility. I have come across so many people in my life and the ones I tend to stick with are the ones that are humble, modest and down to earth. It grates me to no end to see and hear someone constantly patting themselves on the back or seeking approval from others. Humility is one of the greatest traits a person can own.

Sir Richard of Windsor.
I have to agree with you Sir Richard, both of these things are a biggie with me as well. Once you have fallen victim to a deliberate lie by someone else, it really does something to ya. As far as the being humble; very well put. I don't require or need pats on the back -just smacks on the butt on occasion
http://www.sassypaddles.com
Old 01-19-2007, 08:09 PM

I was going start a thread to post this question to the group (pet peeves, that is), but since there already is one, I'll just reincarnate it, with apologies to anyone whose pet peeve is reincarnated threads.

Thing is, I'm getting fed up with people at work and stuff who misuse the word "literally" to describe figurative scenarios, as in "I'm literally up to my ears in it" when they are clearly standing free of any such It. Now, instead of just saying "literally" when I mean "literally," I have to rearrange my literal observations into such things as "in a literal sense" or some synonym like truly, really, seriously, when literally would have sufficed, as I do not want to be misunderstood as stating something figuratively when I do in fact mean to express it literally!

*GASP FOR AIR*

'kay? 'kay. Thanks for listening.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited by Adelina; 01-19-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:24 PM

Well use of the word "loose" when it should be the word "lose" just drives me completely batty! I even saw it in a movie I watched the other day! Grrrrrr.....

Also misusing "dominate" when it should be "dominant" i.e. I am a dominate male. (I think if someone is going to call themselves a Dom, they should actually know what it is short for!)

(just makes me want to light my hair on fire and start screaming)