MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Off-Topic

Old 02-23-2007, 04:21 AM

Summer Dreamin'

We haven't had an off-topic thread for awhile, so here's one.

As we drag into the depths of February, how many of you are getting really, really tired of winter?

Are you looking forward to the summer?

I find that I'm already summer dreamin', waiting for the weather to turn and to let us get out of the house. I'm thinking about the things that will be going on this summer and already starting to do a little planning.

So....

...what's on your mind for when the weather warms up? Do you have special plans for the spring or summer? Are trips on the calendar? What kinds of activities do you do in the summer?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:43 AM

Well, this summer will be a little different for me since I'll be graduating and going home in the middle of it, but before I do that there are 2 fun things that I can look forward to. First, of course, is the SSC in Gatlinburg. My heart races a little whenever I think about it. I'm super excited!

Second, is a trip to NYC that I'm taking with Batman and a good friend of ours. This friend has been wanting to go to NYC since she was 12, so this will be her dream-comes-true trip, and I'm so excited for her.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:54 PM

As long as my passport comes through in time I'm going to visit TN where I can complain about how hot it is!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:52 PM

i am definitely ready for summer.. i much prefer to have sweat pourin offa my face than freezin my ass off lol..
Old 02-23-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily View Post
i am definitely ready for summer.. i much prefer to have sweat pourin offa my face than freezin my ass off lol..
Definately don't want to freeze the ass off.....you will put all the Tops esp. Darren into mourning.

Sherie

Check out my newly updated blog! Click the picture above.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:40 AM
rangerboy

Summer Dreamin'

RG,

Summer is both a blessing and a curse in North Texas. We have some blistering hot and humid days...especially in August. If you can believe it there have been some days when it was too hot to go swimming!!!!!

On the other hand.....Willie Nelson's 4th of July picnic; float trips down the Guadalupe River; hiking in the Hill Country; sunsets that bring a tear to your eye; dancing until dawn down at Gruene Hall; chasing fire flies when I was a kid; making out in the drive in with my girl friends in high school.....lots of great summer memories.

Wife and I will take some trips, work in the yard, gasp at our air conditioning bills and continue to savor every minute of this amazing journey called "life".

rb
Old 02-24-2007, 09:42 AM

I actually like winter, would much rather bundle up in layers than languish in sweaty humidity. I was so excited when the snow finally arrived, even if it did bring sub-zero temps and a helluva lotta shovelling.

Still, I must confess I look forward to bringing my hiking pack out of hibernation and hitting the trails. Looking forward to an overnighter in southwest PA in the Laurel Highlands, river rafting, and a tour of Fallingwater.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:42 AM

Where I live, we've had such a mild winter except for the last few weeks that it seems like we have not had winter. December and January were super mild. Many days this winter where runners were wearing their shorts .
Of course we might have to pay for that with nasty cold weather in March and April, you never know.
But the true sign of spring, the first bikini sighting could be coming up before too long.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:07 AM
rangerboy

Summertime in PA

Adelina,

Many years ago I spent some time at the old Philadelphia Naval Shipyard. Three buddies and I took a three day canoe trip down the Delaware River in early September. That was over thirty years ago but it remains one of my fondest memories. It was beautiful and serene. It also had an almost eerie feel as if we were being watched by spirits of those who came before....of course the whole timewe were all pretty well lit on beer and bourbon so it may have had something to do with that......but I'd do it again if I could.

rg