MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Off-Topic

Old 01-10-2007, 05:39 AM

My first one was a 1963 Ford Fairlane. It was passed down through the family until it finally reached me. It was Dad's car when we bought it. Then Mom got it, then my brother (I don't know how the engine and transmission survived his ownership), then my older sister, and then, finally, me. I had a wreck in it once in which I was pinned against a tree, and the driver side door was completely turned back against the front of the car and the window smashed. I couldn't get the door to latch closed again, so after that I just drove it with the door wire-hangered shut as much as I could get it. Winter that year was an experience! Let's just say that I bundled up when I drove anywhere.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:16 PM

My first car is easy enough to remember as I'm only working on my second. LOL It was a 1988 Chrysler New Yorker. I absolutely adored that car. It was top of the line luxery everything for that year. I'm talking plush seats you could melt into, digital dashboard, the whole compass thing, heated and fully adjustable seats, ect... It just had ammenities that I don't remember cars in the eighties having.

It's still serving as a lawn ornament since I blew up the engine a few years ago. We kept saying it was too good of a car to let it just go to scrap, but nobody has taken the initiative to replace the engine yet.

Umm... so how did I get it? A sugar daddy bought it for me. LOL :-D

(In all fairness, I worked hard and earned it)
Old 01-10-2007, 12:50 PM

mega lemon

'89 VW Rabbit that cost about $1500

Throughout my undergrad college career, I had quite a few trips with a variety of tow-truck drivers who told me about their wives and girlfriends, respectively while they smoked and ate Reisen (sp?) chocolates like the dickens.

A piece of my engine fell out while I was driving on a main highway. I had told my father I was going to the library. When this occurred, I was nowhere near the library.

The day of my psych final, I arrived at school to find my car would not shift into park. I let the car roll slowly into a wall where it would be fixed in place and went to take my final. I found afterward that the car was stuck in second gear but I was instructed to drive it as close to home as possible in order to save a towing fee. While driving 30 miles an hour, on the shoulder of major highways, I was pulled over by several cops and finally phoned for a tow truck.

These incidents were just the tip of the iceberg. However, it was my first car and I was quite loyal to it. I went away for a year to live in Greece and while there, my car died an untimely death. My brother trashed it and had the nerve to send me the pictures (with him alongside the car, grinning).
Old 01-10-2007, 05:08 PM

Mine was a 1981 Mercury Zephyr. Fairly decent car, for the teenager that I was. Ugly dirty looking blue color and it hesitated a lot (not good, but something my dad always said was in my mind, or was happening cuz I didn't know how the hell to drive so I was happy when it did it to him one day when he drove it - kinda vindicated me ) It went thru spark plugs about once every two weeks.The oil light also came on about once every two weeks as well.

It was a 4 door - not cool for a teenager - but then again, my dad paid $900 for it and I drove all three of my siblings to school every morning as well (that was the deal for it to be 'my' car, with partial insurance paid)

sarah
Old 01-10-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah thorne View Post
The oil light also came on about once every two weeks as well.
Mmmm...sugar....there's this little thing under the hood called an "oil stick." It actually tells you how much oil is in your car, and if you need to add some. Who would have thought of something like that?!!! Just amazing what they come up with, isn't it? ~shakes head~

Oh, and that little screw cap on the top of the engine. Don't tell anyone, but it's a place to pour oil into. Yes, a place were you can actually put oil into your car! I would think it would make the inside of the engine all dirty and stuff, you know?

Anyway, it sounded like a mighty fine car. I'm sure that no one minded all the blue smoke coming out of the tail pipe. It was quite thoughtful of Mercury to have it color coordinated with your car.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_ View Post
Another off-topic thread to continue to build community and help us learn more about one another.

What was your very first car?

How did you get it? What was it like? Did you like it? Any particular memories with it?
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]My first car was a 92' Ford Explorer that was red according to my parents however it was blatantly ORANGE. Yes, next to any red car my suv looked like a carrot. Which was it's nickname.
I know I know... I sound like a spoiled brat complaining about the color especially since my parents gave me the car. I know I was supposed to begrateful and I was (never knew anything different though) but I had no say in the matter... it was just there in the driveway one summer evening when they drove me home from summer camp. I assumed it was for me to drive, but they didn't even tell me until I asked.
[/COLOR]

Last edited by HeatherWeather; 01-11-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_ View Post
Mmmm...sugar....there's this little thing under the hood called an "oil stick." It actually tells you how much oil is in your car, and if you need to add some. Who would have thought of something like that?!!! Just amazing what they come up with, isn't it? ~shakes head~

Oh, and that little screw cap on the top of the engine. Don't tell anyone, but it's a place to pour oil into. Yes, a place were you can actually put oil into your car! I would think it would make the inside of the engine all dirty and stuff, you know?
Dearie, I knew darn well how to put oil into my car. I only did so when the car told me it needed oil.

sarah
Old 01-12-2007, 04:48 AM
rangerboy

1952 Oldsmobile

Mine was a 52 Olds that I bought for $50. Had a huge bench seat and the back seat area was bigger than most efficiency apartments....LOL. I could barely see over the dash....had chrome bumper bullets. I used to take my girl friend to the drive in and spank her in the back seat.....what a great car...lots of memories.

rb
Old 01-12-2007, 06:44 AM

Heather, welcome to MSF!
Old 01-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Well, I didn't get to drive it - just haven't gotten my license - but I got a 1994 Ford Taurus in "sea foam green". The A/C didn't work, one of the back doors didn't open, the passenger window didn't go down...and although I only drove it a few times with my permit, I loved it...lol

Once I finally get my license though, I want a truck, a little one