MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Off-Topic

Old 01-09-2007, 03:22 AM

I went to William & Mary in Williamsburg Va. Our football team was Division squat. Which is why I'm far more interested in pro ball than college. No offense to all you fans of Wolverines, Spartans, Cavaliers, Bulldogs, etc.

(sheesh my 250th post and it's about college football??)
Old 01-09-2007, 03:23 PM

As a South Carolina fan, I hate Florida and could never pull for them. But since they play in a much tougher conference, I wasn't surprised to see them win last night. However, I would have never guessed they'd win by 27 points. Hell, they were lucky to beat us.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:52 PM

OK, i'm shocked at the outcome and will admit it. florida looked like champions but that still doesn't mean i have to like them. doesn't baseball start soon? GO CUBBIES!

Vice
Old 01-10-2007, 12:14 AM

Well that was certainly a suprise. I only got to watch the last quarter but enjoyed the Gator's performance. We won't even talk about the Gopher's Bowl came appearance.

I agree there should be a playoff and a better way of deciding the bowl games and not so many of them.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:52 AM

I'm very geographical and organization-oriented in my approach to who I cheer for in college-level games. I usually pull for any team in Kentucky against any team outside of it. I cheer for SEC teams before other teams (and, therefore, was rooting for the Gators Monday night). With two exceptions, I tend to cheer for any team south of the Ohio River (i.e. Southern teams) before any team north of it. (The two exceptions are Notre Dame and the Naval Academy.)

With pro teams it's not the same at all, though I tend to be exceedingly loyal to the teams that I adopt.

Baseball: St. Louis Cardinals, since early childhood
Football: Baltimore Colts. But since they no longer exist I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan now, because Sarah is one (and she's a BIG Steelers fan).
Basketball: Not a fan, don't watch or follow it.