MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Spanking Stories

Old 04-23-2007, 08:28 PM

All-State Ramblings (2)

There’s something I’ve noticed about spanko events, a particular party element which is noticeably absent: music. Mood music is standard fare at vanilla gatherings of all types, but I remember hearing nary a tune during the entire weekend. No jukebox on 50’s night, no country fare on western night. While it’s a little puzzling at first, it actually makes quite a lot of sense, given the nature of what we do. A spanking scene is composed of lots of little ingredients which contribute to the atmosphere, and tempo is certainly an important one. Whether in quick bursts of spanks or intermittent single paddle strikes, the tempo has to be one which complements the needs of the players, and that tempo could be compromised if there’s an incompatible tune floating about, particularly if one is sensitive to auditory stimuli. Almost invariably, the spanking tempo will fluctuate multiple times within a single session, as emotions shift or implements change. There is also the crucial aspect of mood, and I can imagine it might be difficult to impart a sense of urgent discipline, even in play, with Bohemian Like You churning in the background.

Of course, once the party gets moving, music is hardly necessary. The air becomes filled with percussive sounds and atonal vocalizations from random directions, composing something altogether different and intriguingly alluring. As spankos, we speak so much about skin color and body movements and other assorted visual components, but sound is part of the experience, too. We do know that on some level, of course, but it’s an interesting exercise to engage in play and specifically focus on the sounds. We’ll see the words written out in stories, each seemingly belonging to a particular implement: the swish of the cane, the thwack of the paddle, the smack of the hand. How interesting it can be to sit in the midst of a roomful of action and give one’s full attention to the sounds, trying to identify exactly what is being used on whoever is behind and to the left.

Perhaps this is all obvious to people other than me, people who are more connected to aural input. I am not. I’m heavily visual in the way I process information. And yet, I too am quite aware of the oft-mentioned power of voice, or more accurately, The Voice. I like it to be confident, but not arrogant; kind, but unwavering; firm, yet calm. It’s almost an art in itself to fashion just the right voice, and having a natural knack for it is something which can set toppy people apart from vanillas trying to talk the talk.

And when you find someone who’s got a winning combination of The Voice and The Look, well, that’s just heaven in a hotel.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:30 PM

At the first SSC, we had music! Lots of music!

These entries are way too short, woman! Lengthen them up a bit!

sarah