MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Off-Topic

Old 04-10-2007, 08:29 PM

With the actual subject itself aside, I have a couple of things to say about the type of post I feel this was, & the reactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyspk View Post
Overall, I agree with Sarah's assessment that someone shouldn't have to sign a petition just to get more information. That's what smacked of "spam" to me.
You used the word "petition" when, in actuality, signing a 'pledge' is required. Hence, they are asking that you send money in order to receive the 'empowering' information. This is not only a solicitation, but one that smells of a sCam. This is what televangelists do -- send money, go to heaven. (Ok, that's an oversimplification, but you get my drift )

The problem I have with groups that do this is that they use your emotions (poor baby seals, watch them being clubbed) then say, "We need to stop this atrocity. YOU have the power! Send (Pledge) money and we'll expose those companies who participate in such heinous acts."

To give PETA credit, they may distribute the same kind of emotional plea, and even ASK for donations to help their cause, but they damn sure don't make it a requirement in order to solicit your help of your own free will if you are willing to protest with them, or become a vegetarian. They FREELY point to those whom they wish you to boycott. They scream it from signs in front of KFC. They WANT you to know who is engineering boneless, beakless, featherless chickens.

Adelina, I doubt very seriously that in your request for help that you were going to use the heartstrings to get to the purse strings. If something is personal to you, obviously you share it with those you believe can help.

I don't know about this site, but on many others, controversial subjects are allowed. Many, however, do not allow solicitations for money to support certain groups or advertisments. This was clearly a direct copy/paste advertisement.

sarah

Last edited by sarah thorne; 04-10-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:33 PM

I think in an off topic members should post anything they want. Sarah obviously feels very strongly about this subject. If you don't agree then just move on don't watch the video forget about it. The vitriol is way out of proportion and as a newbie it's not something I expected to see. We all have a common iterest so lets stick together.