Thread: Pet Peeves
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 10:58 PM

The grammatical ones have all been covered altho I do try not to judge too harshly, unless it's just horribly bad. I tend to write informally in many ways, use dangling participles as well as erring in other areas simply because I am not paying attention to sentence structure!

However, some of my pet peeves regarding the roadways are as follows: people who ride in my blind spot, or directly next to me on the road. I HATE that. It's rude and if you're gonna go the same speed as me, then get the hell behind me or speed up and get in front of me then reduce your speed once more -- but do not ride in my blind spot! Riding with those who do this is also a pet peeve of mine.

People who do NOT use blinkers!! Signal your intent!!! I do not wanna smash into the back of you when you suddenly go from 45mph to 15 in order to turn. Gimme a hint! Also, people who virtually STOP to turn right off of a main road. You don't have to completely STOP to make a right hand turn from a main road onto a residential street.

And it would be courteous when you are on a main road to signal that you are turning onto the same street that I am turning off of! It's hard enough to get out on a 4 lane street as it is!

People who go when it's NOT their turn at a 4 way stop! Grrrrrrr......

Let's see...anymore? oh yeah, when on an interstate it pisses me off to no end when everyone in ALL FOUR lanes are going the same exact speed. Someone get over, please!!!

People who cut in the carpool line. Or worse, park their car in the carpool line. WTF?? Use the parking lot....you screw it up for everyone when you park your freaking car in the carpool line and go into the school.

I'll come back when I think of more.

sarah