View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 10:08 PM

And my own answers:

1. Hot Chocolate...or Egg Nog?
My favorite is hot chocolate. I associate it with winter in general and Christmas in particular, so it's always a favorite. I prefer it to have mini-marshmallows melted on top. Alternatively, I also like whipped cream on top, but it melts into the hot chocolate too quickly.

That being said, I am also a BIG fan of egg nog. My favorite way to have it is
mixed with Southern Comfort liqueur. Mmmmmmm. A tasty Christmas tradition with a Southern flare for a Southern boy! Whether for myself or for guests, I like to serve it in a festive glass, usually a wine glass, with just a little nutmeg and ground cinnamon sprinkled on top.

2. What is your favorite holiday dish?
From Thanksgiving through Christmas I love pumpkin pie! I also love wassel, or hot spiced apple cider (essentially the same thing).

3. Snow. Love It! or Hate It!
HATE IT! I'm a Southerner who has had to live for several years in the North, off the western shore of Lake Michigan, and later in upstate New York. I've seen enough snow for the rest of my life, and two or three reincarnations after. (But I will take a White Christmas. )

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I haven't in the past, but might be starting.

5. Do you remember your favorite holiday gift as a child? If so, tell us about it.
It was a big mechanized Navy ship when I was very young. I just flipped over it. It had all kinds of working things on it--guns, missiles, lights, wheels on the bottom which made it move across the floor, and sounds.

--------[/QUOTE]