View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 02:32 PM

I think you bring up a very valid point here, Mike. We probably are fairly open-minded and quite willing to share our opinions with others who would like to learn about what we do and how we live.

To address the part about the people who think we're sick and twisted, I can offer some personal experiences there as well. One of my very close friends saw the letters TTWD and asked me what it meant. Trying to play it off, I told her it meant "This Thing We Do". She's such a curious person that she pulled more details from me. So, I told her about spanking and how I met my fiancee through a spanking personals site.

She immediately opened a profile just to see the profile I had as well as my fiancee's. Her boyfriend immediately was disgusted. It didn't alter the friendship level, but, he just didn't want to hear about it. From his point of view, it was wrong to hurt someone you love. The fact my fiancee enjoys being spanked was irrelevant.

My female friend, however, was even more curious and actually played with us briefly. She decided it wasn't for her, but, she is very open about what we do. I can talk to her about it anytime. So, I guess the vanillas are just like us in that respect. They are going to have different degrees of acceptance towards what we do.