Thread: First Car?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 12:50 PM

mega lemon

'89 VW Rabbit that cost about $1500

Throughout my undergrad college career, I had quite a few trips with a variety of tow-truck drivers who told me about their wives and girlfriends, respectively while they smoked and ate Reisen (sp?) chocolates like the dickens.

A piece of my engine fell out while I was driving on a main highway. I had told my father I was going to the library. When this occurred, I was nowhere near the library.

The day of my psych final, I arrived at school to find my car would not shift into park. I let the car roll slowly into a wall where it would be fixed in place and went to take my final. I found afterward that the car was stuck in second gear but I was instructed to drive it as close to home as possible in order to save a towing fee. While driving 30 miles an hour, on the shoulder of major highways, I was pulled over by several cops and finally phoned for a tow truck.

These incidents were just the tip of the iceberg. However, it was my first car and I was quite loyal to it. I went away for a year to live in Greece and while there, my car died an untimely death. My brother trashed it and had the nerve to send me the pictures (with him alongside the car, grinning).