View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 12:50 AM

Opinions on this are mixed; I've seen this topic come up before, and responses ranged all up and down the spectrum. I know some people have played while pregnant and not had any trouble. However, since you seem to imply (if I'm interpretting correctly) that your spanking is only a discipline tool, I would suggest finding another consequence to use during this time, especially for the first three months when the fetus is so fragile. You could use writing lines, writing essays, denial of privileges, grounding, extra chores (assuming you have enough energy). I would avoid mouth-soaping, as this is no time to be ingesting lye.

If you decide to engage in spanking, I'd strongly suggest sticking to light surface-sting implements such as cane or switch. You don't want any deep thud or any type of blow that could knock you over. Don't use positions which will put pressure on your abdomen; perhaps you could kneel on all fours on the bed, lean forward with hands on wall, or lean over with hands on the bed or a chair.

Frankly, during my first trimester, I felt so sick there was no chance of doing anything amiss. I was lucky to drag myself to work. Take care of yourself and baby, first and foremost.