Thread: I Love Lucy
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 07:29 PM

Lightbulb I Love Lucy

I absolutely love the I Love Lucy spankings. Those were so off the cuff and charming. I especially love the one where Lucy is acting like a child, a very bratty one and all the toys were piled up in the Ricardo's apartment living room. When I saw that scene as an adult and already hot(pun intended) into the spanking scene, I questioned whether they played at this in real life. The naturalness with which their spanking scenes were acted just kept me pondering their real experience in the scene. There were probably a fair smattering of Hollywood stars that dabbled or more into our lovely scene. I think it really worth a read into both of their autobiographies to see if there is even a slight intimation of it. I understand their bios are quite frank accounts and very direct. I have read the first chapter or three of each book but, not the whole. They were really very forward people when it came to TV. They were the first multi ethnic couple, the first to develop and use the multi camera angles and also on the vanguard of showing a pregnancy. They also pushed their twin beds together at one point whereas Dick Van Dyke(Rob Petrie) and May Tyler Moore(Laura Petrie) left the twin beds apart. This because in real life Lucy and Desi were married but, Dick and Mary weren't. There were actually 4 or 5 times when Ricky spanked Lucy and to me, it looked like he was doing it with real intention. I don't think it could have hurt much with her having the dress or trousers on and slips and undergarments intact.