Thread: Reading is FUN
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 03:18 AM

I definately remember the duck one. The last duck to board the boat every night got walloped with the stick. I'm going to have to look up the "Soup and Me" one, though.

I can remember being in sixth grade and reading to the first graders any book of their choice. One of the little boys I read to brought in this book where two boys made an airplane out of junk they stole from neighbors, and it actually flew. When they finally landed, though, their parents were waiting and gave them both spankings... fully illustrated. I felt sorta funny reading this because the boy I was reading to was really upset by the spanking, and I was really kinda thrilled by it.

Around the same time, I found the book "The Whipping Boy" in my elementary school's library. I actually stole the book. Okay, well I just sorta permanently borrowed it and still haven't returned it to this day... I always hid it, though. Not because I was afraid someone would know it belonged to the school, but because I was ashamed of my interest in it and was afraid that someone might suspect if they found it.