View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 12:12 PM

Being 3,500 miles away from my family, Christmas can sometimes really have it's down moments. It is the small things in life that count, and what I got this year was as good as anybody got.

Firstly I received a card from my Mum sometime around Nov 12th Inside it included a card from my two Brothers with whom my Mum had so kindly signed their names for them

Then I received cards from an Aunt who I haven't heard from since my father's funeral 7 years ago, one from my long lost friend who I searched for 10 years to find, and finally found her this year. A very cheeky hand drawn Christmas card from a certain young miss who probably needs a good spanking I also got one from ZED and Sarah, and while unfortunately it was returned to sender, the thought is still there and is fully appreciated.

Punishedbrats were more than kind enough to send me a gift certificate which was a complete surprise. I used that to purchase the 'Wizard Of Oz' deluxe collectors edition. Without too much detail, the prize in this set is the original 4 silent film versions of The Wizard Of Oz, including Oliver Hardy playing the Tin Woodsman in one edition.

Finally, and the best gift of all, a very special person called me up on Christmas Eve and saw Christmas in with me. Something that I will remember and cherish.

Richard Windsor.

P.S. My Christmas spirit left 5 minutes ago when I typed this and the website booted me, meaning I had to retype the whole bloody thing. Hopefully Jesus, Mary and Joseph will forgive my inserting 4 letter words in between their names