View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 09:05 AM
rangerboy

Christmas Report

Hey RG,

Well we just had a fine old time. Per usual the extended family was over on Xmas Eve....Mom and Dad came in late on the 22nd....they will head home this morning.

We had the tree up and lit, sang some favorite carols, watched "Its a Wonderful Life" and let the grand nieces and nephews open gifts. (With so many grown ups, the rule in our extended family is: if you are old enough to vote, don't expect a gift under the tree....LOL...otherwise we'd go broke.)

Had a few "big people" egg nogs to put me in the right spirit.

Yesterday morning wife and I exchanged gifts....got a couple of books I wanted and some sweaters....treated her to a "quiet-the-folks-are-in-the-guestroom" fanny warming that had her smirking all day. Later wife and I and Mom and Dad went over to some friends house for a Christmas dinner and then we all went to see the "Good Shepard" (great flick...Matt Damon, William Hurt, Robert Dinero, Angelina J.)

Back home by 7:00 p.m. and in bed by 9:30......

I DO love Christmas time.

How was everyone else's holiday???

rangerboy

oh btw...another gift from wife: since retiring from the Navy I've had all my "stuff" in an old briefcase. Wife surprised me with a shadow box she'd had done...mounted my insignia, qualification pins, medals and shoulder boards....she's the sweetest woman I ever met.