View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseysweet View Post
Amber,

This was beautiful. Your story made me cry! I remember something similar after my parents divorced. Every year my mom would put something for herself under the tree from Santa until we no longer believed in Santa. I am in college and like BlackVelvet, I couldn't imagine not being home for Christmas. I didn't go home for Thanksgiving, it's not that big of a holiday for my family, but Christmas has always been important to us.

Every year for the last 5-6 we buy, prepare, and serve all the food for a Christmas party for the families and children of single parent familes. There is a non profit organization which my family was a member of until about 7 years ago when my mom finally became able to stand on her feet securely. Now it's our turn to give back to them. I didn't know it when I was little but if it wasn't for this organization, our Christmases wouldn't have been as great as they were.
Thank you for sharing your tradition with us all Jersey, that is such a sweet and thoughtful thing that your mom and your family has done. thank all of you who have shared a tradition here on the forum. Keep em' coming, I love reading them. There is a single mom that I work with that I have the suspiscion will not have something for herself from Santa. I love being a naughty but nice little elf Even if it's not something big or grand, us mom's know the importance of our Children wanting to see us smile with the same excitement they do. I learned my lesson well on that as I shared with you all.
Speaking of, I already recieved one of the things I asked Santa for...I took my children Christmas shopping this weekend and no one tried to run over us with their shopping cart. My kids didn't give anyone much of a chance to be a Scrooge lol, they were wishing anyone and everyone a "Merry Christmas" that would glance their way ! Now mom might have been just a tad bit naughty when the guy pulled out in front of her at the shopping center...I didn't cuss at least
http://www.sassypaddles.com