View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah thorne View Post
We are really looking forward to some great parties this next year, including finally making it to Vegas for Shadowlane. RG is always being sent out of town for business around the time their party always hits!
Yeah, I'm beginning to think that it must be a conspiracy! And just to make sure that I can't find a way to wiggle around some kind of business trip to slip into Shadowlane, it's been all the way outta the country. I think I might be losing my passport this coming year around September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Windsor View Post
I guess we can take time out of the bar to visit the Alamo if we must.
Oh, we must! We must!
(With a nod to Blazing Saddles fans.)

On the one hand, Richard, for Texans, going to the Alamo is like going to Rome for Catholics. It's little less than a holy place. And for fans of American history in general, it holds an exalted prominence shared with very few other sites. It would be no surprise, then, to learn that Texans hold the defenders of the Alamo in the greatest esteem and go to special lengths to memorialize them to this day, right down to the individual names. I say that to note that several of the defenders were British and in honor of their service the British flag is flown at the Alamo!

On the other hand, for those less enthalled than myself by the whole history thing, I think that Paully had an excellent suggestion. I will provide a coonskin hat that we will place atop your head, and then in the spirit of all things proper and as a nod to the values of the day of the Alamo, we can have "Davy Crockett" give a right sound spanking to "Mrs. Crockett!"

Now we just need to determine who a suitable Mrs. Crockett will be.

Hmmmm.....