View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 09:26 AM

Rose, I'm not sure any of us can point to one particular event that trigged our interest in this subject. I know I certainly can't. I suspect it is something that we are born with. Its just like one's sexual orientation, in fact, I believe its just a part of that very thing. Its something we don't choose nor have any control over. Of course, there are events, like your "Lonely Doll" book, that fuel our interest and/or reinforce it. But most all the people I've talked to say they've had it for as long as they can remember dating back to early childhood.

And I know exactly what you mean about wishing it would stop, but trust me, its not. That is something I struggled with during my teen years in the 60s. Back then, I thought I was the only person in the world with these thoughts and just wished I could be normal. I tried (to no avail) not to think about it and pretend it didn't exist. Since then, I've learned there is no such thing as normal. And as the years have passed, and with things like the advent of the internet, I've learned that many, many people from all walks of life share this strange fascination and I have learned to except it as an important part of who I am. Now I believe its a gift. IMO, it spices up life and makes it much more interesting. Now, I would hate not to have a spanking fetish because it seems like life would be so boring. And because of it, I've met so many interesting people that I would never have gotten to know otherwise.

But welcome to our forum. You are among friends here and people who understand just how you feel. We've all been there, done that. So just enjoy yourself and this special gift that you have been lucky to receive.

Last edited by jackie seven; 03-29-2007 at 09:28 AM.