View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Andrew Morgan

One answer is....

Many Minorities don't feel comfortable going to events or being seen where there aren't any other folks of their own ethnic background there.

I am a Fetish photographer, an alongside my good friend Mistress Heart, have been engaged for three years on a project called the WOC Women Of Color BDSM Photo Project.

It started when we both realized that wherever you looked in Magazines, or websites, or at parties there was virtually no representation from women of color. So we set about trying to do something about it. I started photographing Women of Color, and she started proliferating the images. Today we hav numertous photographers n models involved. You can go to her website. MistressHeartSF.com to get a better insight into the project, or my site www.andrewmorgan.com to se some of my images. Long story short we have made some radical inroads, having had many images posted, many photo shows and events, representation in numerous magazines. I did a shoot just yesterday that was quite spanking centric, with her and an Afrcan American Sub. I'll see if I can post some images soon.

Anyway.. for my part.. I LOVE diversity. Different people make the world a very interesting place, so I for one will continue photographing women of difference in the Spanking an DS / BDSM world

Andy