myspankingforum.com Forums

myspankingforum.com Forums (http://www.myspankingforum.com/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.myspankingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Gators or Buckeyes??? (http://www.myspankingforum.com/showthread.php?t=204)

RG_ 01-08-2007 08:25 PM

Gators or Buckeyes???

OK, not much time to answer this, especially since it's time for the game to start ;) , but who are you cheering for in the biggest bowl game of the year?

Florida University Gators?

or the

Ohio State University Buckeyes?

Even if you get to this thread late, tell us which one you would have rooted for!

Vice 01-08-2007 08:50 PM

being a wolverine fan i absolutely detest the ohio state university more than anything in this world. having lived in orlando for 5 yrs and listening to gator nation telling me everyday about why they are such a good school the gators have found their way on my s*** list as well. plus they cried their way into this game anyway.

go Boise State!

Vice

iggy 01-08-2007 09:03 PM

*yawn*

don't even know what sport it is!

PandaBear 01-08-2007 09:16 PM

My mom went to Ohio State, so I would have to cheer for them, if I cared. Unfortunately, my Demon Deacons got clobbered by Louisville, so I quit caring about football after that.

aurora 01-08-2007 09:41 PM

It's gotta be Ohio State all the way... By the way, Ohio University and Ohio State are VERY different schools. Don't ya dare confuse them back home!

RG_ 01-08-2007 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aurora (Post 2001)
By the way, Ohio University and Ohio State are VERY different schools. Don't ya dare confuse them back home!

You're absolutely right, and I don't know why I typed it that way. I know the difference. Anyway, I edited the post, AND put this reply here so that yours didn't seem out of context. ;)

RG_ 01-09-2007 12:07 AM

Gators 41
Buckeyes 14

I think there are going to be a LOT of really, really surprised and really, really upset Buckeye fans tomorrow.

PandaBear 01-09-2007 12:29 AM

Well I heard they are sold out of alligator meat in Ohio!

garyspk 01-09-2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vice (Post 1997)
being a wolverine fan i absolutely detest the ohio state university more than anything in this world. having lived in orlando for 5 yrs and listening to gator nation telling me everyday about why they are such a good school the gators have found their way on my s*** list as well. plus they cried their way into this game anyway.

go Boise State!
Vice

I know what you mean, Vice. Being the Oklahoma State alum/fan that I am, I have to live with all of the front-runner Oklahoma Sooner fans all the time. And as far as the Florida "crying" goes, you've never HEARD such whining as you heard from Sooner fans when they got "robbed" by the Pac 10 officials earlier this year. The President of Oklahoma University, who is also a former U.S. Senator, even got into the whining, calling for the head of that Pac 10 official. Un-freakin'-believable! I realize the football program at Oklahoma generates lots of dollars for the university, but what a horrible example to set for academics at OU.

And I would've loved to see how Boise State would've handled THE Ohio State University. All the more reason for the NCAA to pull their heads out of the 1990s and have a legitimate playoff system in football like they do in every other sport.

PandaBear 01-09-2007 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyspk (Post 2013)
All the more reason for the NCAA to pull their heads out of the 1990s and have a legitimate playoff system in football like they do in every other sport.

They do at the 1 AA level! Now they just need to get it done for the 1 A level! I thought that back in 1991 when Washington TIED Miami for the National Title that year, but then they played each other and Washington kicked Miami's butt, so that could have some stupid writers up who were buying into the hype of Miami!