myspankingforum.com Forums

myspankingforum.com Forums (http://www.myspankingforum.com/index.php)
-   Favorite spanking website (http://www.myspankingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Oh Wicked Wanda! (http://www.myspankingforum.com/showthread.php?t=257)

jackie seven 02-01-2007 10:16 PM

Oh Wicked Wanda!

The other day a friend and I were discussing the early days of Penthouse magazine. They had a monthly thread in the Letters to the Editor section entitled "Pain and Pleasure." Basically, it was spanking letters which was something rarely seen in mainstream publications of that era. So on the strength of that alone, Penthouse became my favorite magazine.

Another one of my favorite features was their monthly comic strip entitled "Wicked Wanda." Wanda was a feminist super hero, a sort of Xena the Warrior-type character with a blond sidekick named Candyfloss. The strip was beautifully illustrated, witty and very cleverly done. But the best part was all the spanking references that it contained.

For some reason, the thought to try to find these comic strips never occurred to me until the other day. I really didn't expect to have much luck, but much to my surprise, and with relative ease, I found a site containing them all. Including my all-time favorite from the September 1973 issue to which I'm posting a link.

So if there any other ex-Wanda fans here or anyone else who might be interested, check this out...

http://www.subtextopedia.com/Wanda/pg7309-7.html

P.S. You can click on Main down at the bottom to go to their home page where the entire series can be found.

lil_dixiedarling 02-01-2007 11:59 PM

with all it's faults...the internet is a great thing isn't it?

glad you were able to find these favorites of yours and were able to share with the rest of us....i had never heard nor seen these til just now....

Sherie

lil_babygirl 02-02-2007 12:34 AM

ohhhhh very cool.... I remember these from when I used to sneak my dad's magazines. I'm a very big Xena fan so I knew right away what you were talking about. Thanks for posting that link. Talk about the Good Ol Days.

angela (babygirl)

BlackVelvet007 02-02-2007 02:26 AM

HOLY CATS!!. You won't believe this but I actually DO work in the Chamber of Horrors at the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in New York. I wish you coulda seen my face when I checked out Page 4 of the first story. LORD has it changed in 30 years. :p

Congrats on the find. Any "Little Annie Fannie" fans out there?

Gary D. 02-02-2007 07:02 AM

What a great Find Jackie7. I remember both of thiose very well.......in fact still have some of those old issues stashed away somwheres. One of those letters from the "Pain and Pleasure" section is in large part responsible for me being involved in all of this today.

Gary D

lil_dixiedarling 02-02-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary D. (Post 2561)
What a great Find Jackie7. I remember both of thiose very well.......in fact still have some of those old issues stashed away somwheres. One of those letters from the "Pain and Pleasure" section is in large part responsible for me being involved in all of this today.

Gary D

Still hiding mags between the mattresses Sir? :p

Sherie

lil_babygirl 02-02-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackVelvet007 (Post 2559)
HOLY CATS!!. You won't believe this but I actually DO work in the Chamber of Horrors at the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in New York. I wish you coulda seen my face when I checked out Page 4 of the first story. LORD has it changed in 30 years. :p

Congrats on the find. Any "Little Annie Fannie" fans out there?

Ohhh yeah I'm familiar with Little Annie Fannie.. in fact after seeing that link for Wanda.. I went and did a google search. I do in fact have my dad's magazine of Little Annie Fannie tucked away in a tote.

mysterius1 03-03-2007 11:40 AM

yes this brings back memories wicked wanda and there was also carries adventures as well