myspankingforum.com Forums

myspankingforum.com Forums (http://www.myspankingforum.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (http://www.myspankingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Social Chat (http://www.myspankingforum.com/showthread.php?t=41)

bushmutt 10-22-2006 11:30 PM

Montreal (Quebec) Canada
A nest of sinful delights...

bushmutt 10-22-2006 11:32 PM

Montreal (Quebec) Canada
A nest of sinful delights...

RG_ 10-23-2006 05:34 PM

Must be one heckuva nest of sinful delights. He's repeating himself now. ;)

katie_spades 10-24-2006 05:45 PM

From NY originally! Go Yankees!

RG_ 10-24-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katie_spades (Post 296)
From NY originally!

I lived in NY for a few years, Katie. It was quite the experience, for both me and my neighbors--a Southern boy in the deep darks of the far North. They were always wanting me to talk so they could hear my accent (which, of course, i don't have), were missing a LOT of vital foods from their grocery stores (corn meal, turnip greens, okra, etc.), gave me a strange look when I put salt on my watermelon, and more. It snowed a *lot!* They actually liked Abraham Lincoln as a president. And more.

Just weird, man. Really weird!! ;)

spanked~amber 10-24-2006 09:14 PM

No cornmeal ?!? That is a tragedy ! I could never make it without my southern foods. This past weekend in fact you could smell a huge pot of chicken -n-dumplings cooking at my place.

RG_ 10-24-2006 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanked~amber (Post 308)
No cornmeal ?!? That is a tragedy ! I could never make it without my southern foods. This past weekend in fact you could smell a huge pot of chicken -n-dumplings cooking at my place.

Chicken and dumplings?!!!

OK, I'm on my way to Texas, direct flight! Keep'em hot.

I love chicken and dumplings!

Yeah, they didn't have corn meal, of all things. Later, when they remodeled the store I went to into something like a super Wal-Mart grocery section (the store was a Grand Union) they did carry it, but it was in these little round cardboard Quaker Oat type boxes, and was ground very fine, like flour.

Later than that they even got turnip greens.....BUT...they were in the Ethnic Foods section!

So now 'cause I'm Southern I'm "ethnic." LOLOLOLOL

And speaking of good ol' Southern cooking, what about red eye gravy? And great big ol' cathead biscuits, with milk gravy?

Explorer 10-24-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RG_ (Post 309)
And speaking of good ol' Southern cooking, what about red eye gravy? And great big ol' cathead biscuits, with milk gravy?

Catheads, eh?

Haven't heard that one in awhile.

On of the old timers down at my fire station used to call them that.

Stickmantx 10-25-2006 10:59 PM

fires

Exploring,

I wonder what the correlation is between those of us who put fires out and then spend our free time setting bunz on fire.......

Jim

garyspk 10-25-2006 11:02 PM

I know the owner of spreview.net is a fireman and a big-time spanko. So there's at least 2 of you!